[Mailman-Users] Using python format strings

Christian Schoepplein chris at schoeppi.net
Tue Aug 31 17:46:46 CEST 2004

Hi!

I want to customize our mailman installation (2.1.5) and need to edit
the languange templates for that.

I've read the docu how to use the python format strings but especialy
the %(host_name)s string does not work in every template. I want to use
%(host_name)s in the verify.txt template, but the format string is not
translated into the hostname. On the other site %(host_name)s works fine
for example in subscribeack.txt.

Can't I use evry python format string in evry template? Is this problem
known or is it a bug? Or am I doing something wrong?

Also I saw the format string %(hostname)s in some templates, for example
in subauth.txt (English or German). I tryed this also with verify.txt
but it doesn't work too. Whats the different between both python format
strings and are both correct? Witch format string shall I use?
betweenn %(hostname)s and %(host_name)s?

Can someone help me out of this format string confusion?

Thanks,
Schoeppi

--
Protestiert bitte mit gegen die Streichung des Blindengeldes in
Niedersachsen und unterschreibt auf folgender Seite:

http://www.blindenverband.de/bmb/petition.php

Die Einsparungen auf den Rücken sozial schwächerer müssen aufhören...