[Mailman-Users] Wondering how long to send messages

Mike mike at dehart.net
Sat Aug 28 18:18:17 CEST 2004

Thanks, all for the excellent dialog on this. Couple follow-up questions
from the uninitiated...

-is there general agreement that if I'm not VERPing or single treading, then
once the Mailman smtp log shows "complete" that I'm good to go to change the
list?

-the path to the Mailman smtp log?

-I've got a default Plesk install of Mailman. I.e. I haven't looked below
the hood beyond the Mailman web interface. Can I assume I'm not VERPing nor
single threading?

(i see that i can prob look here:)

<snip>
VERP settings within Mailman are done on a per-installation basis - ie they
affect all the lists within the installation. To configure VERP within
Mailman read the information in ~mailman/Mailman/Default.py for the options
that start with VERP. In a nutshell, all you need to do to enable VERP with
Exim is to add these lines to ~mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py:

  VERP_PASSWORD_REMINDERS = 1
  VERP_PERSONALIZED_DELIVERIES = 1
  VERP_CONFIRMATIONS = 1
  VERP_DELIVERY_INTERVAL = 1