[Mailman-Users] Another Poor CPanel User

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Oct 1 02:36:04 CEST 2003

You guessed correctly - the instructions are for folks who admin the
server.  Unfortunately it is rare for a person using CPanel to have real
administrative access to their server.

Now, it is possible for the real admin of the server to give you access
to your lists so that you could actually modify certain list-specific
files. It is up to you, however, to convince your service provider to
set that access up.

One way would be for them to make you the "owner" of your list's
configuration files and directories (since Mailman only uses the "group"
rights for access), then to set-up sym-links from your lists directories
into your private space.

That way you could only muck up your own lists...

Good Luck - Jon Carnes