[Mailman-Users] Another Poor CPanel User

Amanda Moore AMoore at sunrisewindows.com
Wed Oct 1 00:59:51 CEST 2003

Hi, all.  Sorry to disturb you with this, as I know you have already been
addressing these issues, both in your FAQ and on this list.

I am just a novice graphic designer trying to create an announcement-only
mailing list for a ministry site.  Mailman is part of CPanel, which is what
my site's host offers.  I love how easy-to-use Mailman is, but I'm stuck on
one particular thing.  In the FAQ, the instructions given for changing the
welcome message are as follows:

"In Mailman 2.1.x you can customize the welcome message.  Create  a
directory lists/<yourlist>/en (assuming English :) and copy
  templates/subscribeack.txt to this directory.  Then edit this file   for
your specific wording.  Mailman will use this specialized
  template for the English welcome messages."

Now, please assume I know nothing about anything, and then simplify things
from there.  I would like to change the welcome message, but am unable to do
so, given that I am a complete idiot.  These instructions sound as if they
were for folks who have Mailman installed on their own servers, instead of
someone using Mailman as I am doing.  Am I correct?  And is there anything I
can do about this?  (Besides throwing a temper-tantrum with the CPanel folks
or my hosting company?)

I am wanting to do a mass subscription to this new list pretty soon, so I
would deeply appreciate a reply at someone's earliest convenience.  I'll
treat you to a virtual cup of coffee.  ;-)  Thanks so much in advance.

Yours confusedly,
Amanda

P.S.  CPanel is running Mailman 2.1.2.