[Mailman-Users] Subject Line Length Considered Spam

jsmith jsmith at smittybuilt.com
Mon Jul 28 18:15:54 CEST 2003

Hello all,

I have just received an email back from Excite on an issue that I am
having about excite users not being able to sign up for my lists via the
web.  The installation is not having any errors script wise.  I am
experiencing a problem with the length of the subject line on posts
going out and I am working on that issue with the list owners, but, I am
also having the issue when a user subscribes, they get send a
confirmation email with a subject line that that looks like this
"confirm 101795f318ab73938580ffc26fdc7154937b62ac" Excite is blocking
any subject that has more than 22 characters due to it looking like
commercial spam.  I would bet that other ISP's will be or have already
started subject line filtering on the length as well.

My question is,

Is there a way to still have the confirmation email sent but not have
that long subject line?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
Joe