[Mailman-Users] Per Virtual domain customizations

John Locke mail at freelock.com
Tue Feb 4 20:16:55 CET 2003

On Tue, 2003-02-04 at 09:25, Todd wrote:

> I haven't seen anyone announce a MySQLMemberAdaptor yet either, but
> Martin
> Whinnery made an announcement here a few weeks ago for an
> LDAPMemberAdaptor.
> If you know some python, perhaps you want to look at the LDAP version
> and
> try and convert it for use with MySQL. You'd surely make a lot of
> friends if
> you did it. :)
>
> The URL for the LDAPMemberAdaptor is
> http://webserver.offal.homelinux.org
>
> You might also want to look at ~mailman/Mailman/MemberAdaptor.py if
> you're
> thinking of attempting this.

Thanks for the note. I don't know any Python, but maybe I'll take a
whack at it if I find the time...

> You might already know this, but here's what the very helpful comments in
> Mailman.Utils.maketext say:
>
>     # When looking for a template in a specific language, there are 4 places
>     # that are searched, in this order:
>     #
>     # 1. the list-specific language directory
>     #    lists/<listname>/<language>
>     #
>     # 2. the domain-specific language directory
>     #    templates/<list.host_name>/<language>
>     #
>     # 3. the site-wide language directory
>     #    templates/site/<language>
>     #
>     # 4. the global default language directory
>     #    templates/<language>
>     #
>     # The first match found stops the search.  In this way, you can
>     # specialize
>     # templates at the desired level, or, if you use only the default
>     # templates, you don't need to change anything.  You should never modify
>     # files in the templates/<language> subdirectory, since Mailman will
>     # overwrite these when you upgrade.  That's what the templates/site
>     # language directories are for.
>
> Perhaps the second option is what you're looking for?

Ah, that solves half of my problem! Thanks a lot. No, I hadn't found
this text, anywhere.

Any suggestions for the last part--having different default options for
different domains in mm_cfg.py? It would be great if I could just have a
different mm_cfg.py for each domain. Alternatively, is there code I
could put into mm_cfg.py that would recognize what domain we're in, and
set different defaults accordingly?

Thanks,
John