[Mailman-Users] script wrapper reports "No such file or directory"

Chris Tomlinson chris at moonvine.org
Mon Feb 3 03:50:56 CET 2003

I'm trying to install mailman-2.1 on a FreeBSD virtual private server
enviroment. I've used --with-cgi-gid, --with-username,
--with-groupname, and the DIRSETGID=: and so forth. I've successfully
gotten through the check_perms and created the newlist mailman - with
the notification message. I'm stuck at the step of creating a list via
the web interface. I get the following:

      Mailman CGI error!!!
      The Mailman CGI wrapper encountered a fatal error. This entry is
being stored in your syslog:

      No such file or directory

I've checked the FAQ and the searchable mailing list archives. If I try
a bogus scriptname like "frobnitz" then I get the expected:

     Not Found
     The requested URL /mailman/frobnitz was not found on this server.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks and ciao,
Chris