Subject: Re: [Mailman-Users]@thcwd htdig error

Paul H Byerly paul at thcwd.com
Sat Aug 30 19:00:07 CEST 2003

Richard Barrett wrote:
>On Saturday, August 30, 2003, at 02:57  am, Paul H Byerly wrote:
>
>>  and if that uid has write permissions
>>over the /opt/www/htdig/db directory,
>>

>>drwxr-xr-x    2 root     mailman      4096 Aug 20 21:38 db
>In my case the permissions for /opt/www/htdig/db are set to drwxrwxr-x,
>which given that I run the Mailman cron scripts with the 'mailman' uid, is
>necessary.

      Ah.  Ensim won't set anything over 755, but fortunately that folder
is in a location where I can override it.  So I will see if that takes care
of it.

>I wonder if the sort doesn't need a temporary file on every occasion or
>for every list. But that is just a SWAG.

      It's clearly getting the new posts, so it's not every list every time.

>>       BTW, when I run form the command line I don't get these errors.
>What uid are you running from the command line as, mailman or root?

      Usually from an account that has root access but it not root.  But I
tried it as mailman before I did the chmod and got no errors.

      Thanks for the time and patience Richard!

<>< Paul

<>< Paul