[Mailman-Users] Re: Error installing 2.0.13

Maria Garcia Suarez mariagarciasuarez at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 20 22:17:50 CEST 2002

Hi there!

--- "Ashley M. Kirchner" <ashley at pcraft.com> wrote:
> Maria Garcia Suarez wrote:
>
> > What's exactly $prefix? The place where I
> uncompress
> > the files or the place where the program will be
> > installed?
>
>     Where it will be installed.  You don't have to
> specify this UNLESS you do
> not want to install it into /home/mailman.  If you
> don't specify a $prefix, it
> will automatically install in /home/mailman.
> > ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/src/mailman-2.0.13
>     Don't specify a $prefix.  What you need to worry
> about are the
> --with-mail-gid and --with-cgi-gid options.

Ok, I didn't understand that. Thanks!

I tried again, I didn't specify any $prefix and I now
./configure'd with the proper gids. Now make install
reports less errors but keeps on failing :-(

I include the output as attachment.

>     Hrm.  Been a while since any woman send (or
> gave) me kisses.  Thanks! :)

Here comes another one :-*

Thanks for your help Ashley (also to Larry, who also
kindly answered to my question :-)

Kisses,

Maria G Suarez

/who really apologises for disturbing so much... :-(
and apreciates your help a lot

http://sbc.yahoo.com