[Mailman-Users] Re: Error installing 2.0.13

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Fri Sep 20 21:47:09 CEST 2002

Maria Garcia Suarez wrote:

> What's exactly $prefix? The place where I uncompress
> the files or the place where the program will be
> installed?

    Where it will be installed.  You don't have to specify this UNLESS you do
not want to install it into /home/mailman.  If you don't specify a $prefix, it
will automatically install in /home/mailman.

> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/src/mailman-2.0.13

    Don't specify a $prefix.  What you need to worry about are the
--with-mail-gid and --with-cgi-gid options.

> Kisses,

    Hrm.  Been a while since any woman send (or gave) me kisses.  Thanks! :)

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.