[Mailman-Users] mailman cron strangeness

Albert Everett aeverett at webintl.com
Thu Oct 31 17:30:47 CET 2002

A few days ago I installed FreeBSD 4.7 on a server after backing up
/usr/local/mailman to an iBook running OSX.

After rebooting the server, I installed Mailman 2.0.13 from the ports
collection. After the Mailman installation, I copied the lists and
archives back into /usr/local/mailman on the server from the iBook and
ran check_perms and check_db. After that, I adjusted list and archives
perms manually, using a working Mailman installation (another FreeBSD
machine) as an example.

The web interface to the lists is doing fine. Sendmail config is fine.

PROBLEM: Delivery to the Mailman lists works fine, but posted messages
aren't blown out to list members.

Troubleshooting so far:
-- mailman user and group in place
-- perms inside /usr/local/mailman/cron are same as on another working
Mailman machine, same for /var/cron/tabs/mailman
-- python executable by everyone
-- perms on scripts in /usr/local/mailman/cron are 644, owned by
root:mailman
-- /var/cron/tabs/mailman is in place and is the same as
/usr/local/mailman/cron/crontab.in
-- /var/log/cron shows qrunner being run every minute, but
/var/log/maillog not showing any delivery to list members
-- qrunner works when I run  'python -S qrunnner' manually as root,
afterward /var/log/maillog shows successful delivery to list members

I'm out of ideas. Anyone out there have a clue?

Albert