[Mailman-Users] Please Help

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Thu Oct 31 22:07:26 CET 2002

On Thu, 2002-10-31 at 11:22, jsingh wrote:
> Hey Guys
>
>             I am a newbie doing this mailman install. So far I have
> installed everything fine, I am able to view almost everything over the
> web(leaving the archives).
>
> I created a new mailing list, and mailman sent out a message to all the
> subscribers I enrolled. But when I send a message to the mailing list I
> got this in my
>
> Mail log
>
> "Oct 30 18:58:18 dragon sendmail[1508]: g9UNwImp001508:
> <mytestlist at dragon.fdu.edu>... User unknown "
>
> So I sent an email back to the admin and I got the same thing back
>
> "Oct 30 19:02:53 dragon sendmail[5302]: g9V02rmp005302:
> <mytestlist-admin at dragon.fdu.edu>... User unknown "
>
> Could anyone possibly tell me where I am staggering from my path. Please
> I need help on this, anyone who does , my thanks to them before hand.

Sounds like you forgot to add the aliases to your /etc/aliases file (or
wherever your aliases are stored).  Or maybe you forgot to run
"newaliases" after adding the aliases.

This is covered pretty clearly in the documentation -- did you read it?
( http://www.list.org/install-test.html for example)

--Jeremy