[Mailman-Users] almost but not quite

Bryan Walls bwalls at pobox.com
Wed May 15 16:34:31 CEST 2002

I'm trying to get Mailman working on my system.

I've followed the setup directions twice through. Everything seems to
be working, except that when I send a message to a list, no mail goes
out.

Subscription notices do seem to be going okay. And I get messages at
the "mailman" address. That's all, though.

I'm using sendmail, did configure to set default user to be 12.
(--with-mail-gid=12)

Here's the setting from sendmail.cf:

# default UID (can be username or userid:groupid)
O DefaultUser=8:12

I actually found I could send mail to my test list by doing:

su mail
/etc/smrsh/wrapper post test

where the second command matches the aliases entry.

If I try to do /etc/smrsh/wrapper post test from the mailman account,
I get Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 12, GOT gid 501.
(Reconfigure to take 501?)

Any ideas why it's not working for mail coming in?

Bryan Walls	bwalls at pobox.com
		Check out my fresh personal website at http://home.bwalls.com/
		And my work website (I'm curator) at http://science.nasa.gov