[Mailman-Users] New High Performance Installation

Jamie Penner jpenner at v3.ca
Wed May 15 15:46:45 CEST 2002

> > The list volume is approx 400,000 emails daily.  Twice a month, this
> > will jump to 700,000 a day.  These will be html and text messages -
> > outgoing only.

It's an outgoing list only.    There are 400K subscribers that will receive
"a message",

>   Your MTA will be the source of your performance problems.  Spend your
>   time there.  Carefully.  MTA and system tuning is a careful and
>   detailed process.  Read the FAQ.

The intention is to use Sendmail.   Have you had better results with a
different MTA?

>   I'd generally recommend that you use a physically different system for
>   final deliveries than the one Mailman runs on.  The easy way to do
>   this is to have Mailman deliver to localhost, and then configure the
>   MTA on localhost to use a smarthost.

I hear you.    I will work on that one.

>  Is anyone familiar with a MailMan installation doing this type of
>  volume or does anyone have any advice on this install.
>
>Yes.

Excellent!  Thanks for your advice.   I will discuss these with the client
today as they make good sense.