[Mailman-Users] Re: stripmime

tneff at bigfoot.com tneff at bigfoot.com
Fri Mar 22 19:51:18 CET 2002

Some suspicious individual named Skip <skip at pobox.com> wrote:
>     thelist: "|/usr/local/bin/stripmime.pl|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper
> post thelist"
>
> Viewing a generated plain text digest I can't see that stripmime.pl did
> anything.  None of the five messages was lost, but none appear to have
> been altered in any way.  Am I perhaps missing something?  I thought it's
> main thing was to zap HTML attachments.

If you are worried that the alias isn't being processed at all or that
Stripmime isn't being run, you can always put a '|tee /tmp/worrynot' into
that pipe.

If you get verification that Stripmime is running, but it's just acting
like 'cat', then consider installing 'demime' which is much more flexibile
and capable.  I tried both and definitely settled on demime.

	http://scifi.squawk.com/demime.html