[Mailman-Users] Showing lists & admins

Dan Wilder dan at ssc.com
Sun Jan 27 20:33:13 CET 2002

On Sun, Jan 27, 2002 at 01:25:27PM -0500, Tim Miller wrote:
> I asked this before and got no answer.  Don't know if I missed the reply or what.  Hard to believe that no one has wanted to do this.

Everybody here is a volunteer.  The questions that get answered are the
ones that catch somebody's attention.

> We are using Mailman 2.0.8 and have over 600 lists.  I would like to get a listing of the list names and their respective admin email addresses.  I understand that this will have to be done outside of the Mailman interface.
>
> I had hoped that there was a master file containing this information that I could grep but if there is, I don't see it.
>
> Any help pointing me in the right direction is appreciated.

I'd use the mailman bin program list_lists back-ended by a script
to extract just the list names.  Feed the list names to mailman's
config_list program

  config_list -o - list-name

and grep the standard output of that for "owner =".  Print
the result as a neat table.

The whole thing could be done in perhaps thirty lines of bash,
no doubt fewer lines of perl, perhaps a few lines more of python.

Of course, some mailman user more weighty than I know doubt
knows a much simpler way.

 Dan Wilder <dan at ssc.com>   Technical Manager & Editor
 SSC, Inc. P.O. Box 55549   Phone:  206-782-8808
 Seattle, WA  98155-0549    URL http://embedded.linuxjournal.com/