[Mailman-Users] Unable to view archives page

Ashwin Kotian a.kotian at comstocksys.com
Sat Sep 8 03:37:42 CEST 2001

I've installed Mailman 2.0.6 & have been so far successful in setting it
up except for a problem with the Mailing List Archives link. I get the
following error when I click on the link for archives:

You don't have permission to access /pipermail/iaxess/ on this server

where iaxess is my list name. I have created this list as mailman but
still get this error .
My DocumentRoot for Default Apache server is /var/www/ while the
DocumentRoot for the Virtual server running Mailman is
/var/mailman/cgi-bin. Also I've created a default Alias of /pipermail/
to /var/mailman/archives/public/ but still I'm unable to access the
link.

There are two symbolic links in the /var/mailman/archives/public/
directory which are as follows:

lrwxrwxrwx    1 mailman  mailman        38 Sep  6 16:16 iaxess ->
/var/mailman/archives/private/iaxess
lrwxrwxrwx    1 mailman  mailman        43 Sep  6 16:16 iaxess.mbox ->
/var/mailman/archives/private/iaxess.mbox

But the /var/mailman/archives/private/iaxess file or folder doesn't even
exist . I've been scratching my brains over this for a very long time
but still haven't got the archive link to work.
Please help.

Thanks a lot.