[Mailman-Users] Logging failed admin login attempts (seems to be none)

John W Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Fri Sep 7 23:54:17 CEST 2001

One of our web developers, whose client's Majordomo list is about to be
phased over to Mailman (2.0.1...I know...it will be 2.0.6 when I find a
round tuit this weekend), says the client is unable to access his admin
pages.

We both think that he is using a wrong password.

The research into the issue suggests to me that no logging of attempts to
log into a lists admin page using a wrong password is done.  At best, the
attempts can be inferred--in the web server logs--from a
GET
POST
sequence to an admin login page, not followed by a GET of the next page one
reaches (and the various little parts of the page).

I would think that .../logs/error would be a decent place to record a
failure.  (There isn't a lot of information to log...timestamp, IP address,
and fact of failure, probably.)

   --John

--
John Baxter   jwblist at olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA