[Mailman-Users] managing the list

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Oct 4 05:06:54 CEST 2001

Dan is right - Procmail can really help you out a lot...  I like to stop
spam at the MTA (mail server).  You can use a lot of tricks to help out
with spam.  If you are using Sendmail, check out the excellent resources
available at:
http://www.sendmail.org

In particular you should look into using Orbz (I think that's what its
called now...) the RBL list.  This is a list of open relays used by
spammers as well as a list of known spammers.  Using it will cut out a lot
of spam.

Another resource you can look at is:
http://www.spamcop.net

They will analyze your spam and let you know where it actually came from
(and let you know if Orbz would have blocked it...)

Good Luck in fighting the good fight!

Jon Carnes
===