[Mailman-Users] Hosed mail, clueless lusers, is this STILL Monday?

Jon Carnes jonc at haht.com
Wed Oct 3 19:29:10 CEST 2001

> Is there a way to recover the mailing list passwords?  I
> don't see it.... I'd rather recover the passwords than
> have to change 'em all.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike
> --
The passwords are stored in each list's config.db file.  Alas, this
particular password seems to be encrypted (unlike the users passwords).

Perhaps you should check your email bounces.  They may contain the original
message encased around a bunch of unable to deliver notations....  Still, if
it was just a DNS problem, you MTA may have just cached the message and
waited for good entries to begin pouring in - if that is the case, you'll be
in good shape.  Though next time, you will undoubtedly CC yourself.

Take care - Jon Carnes