[Mailman-Users] PDF Attachments

Larry Hansford lhansfor at creativedatasolns.com
Tue Oct 2 19:13:10 CEST 2001

I'm fairly new to Mailman, but am using V2.0.6 on a small network using Red
Hat 7.1.  It has been working really good except for one minor problem with
PDF attachments.  I want to be able to distribute a weekly member
newsletter to people that sign up for the Newsletter list, and the
newsletter is in PDF format.  It is usually fairly small -- 2 pages at
most, and 30Kb to 50Kb in size.

The problem is that in testing sending this newsletter as an PDF
attachment, Mailman sends it out as an embedded text message -- unreadable
50Kb of ASCII code.

Is there a setting that allows me to set it up to keep the PDF file as an
attachment rather than embedding it in the message?

Thanks!

Larry