[Mailman-Users] A question of list size...

Barclay McInnes barclay.mcinnes at moshpitentertainment.com
Mon Jul 9 23:43:15 CEST 2001

Everyone;
     I have a list of approximately 450,000 names which I have imported into
one list for Mailman, and now the list interface is no longer available.
The browser times out before the admin page ever appears.  For me it
wouldn't be that much of a problem, since I'd just use the command line
tools, except that another person is expecting to be able to use the web
interface.  Is there any way to solve this problem other than throwing the
list onto a *much* faster box, since I think the problem right now is that
it's taking so long to parse the database that the browser times out waiting
for a response.

Thanks
Barclay McInnes