[Mailman-Users] Perms Help (AGAIN)

Dan Mick dan.mick at west.sun.com
Fri Feb 23 13:20:41 CET 2001

> I was fixing my archives (which had never worked, but now do... it was an
> apache problem in the end, I think) when I munged all these file
> permissions.  I have a working install of mailman (compiled slightly
> differently) and compared the two and I THINK the file perms between them
> are analogous.
>
> In the process of cleaning some stuff, one lock file was deleted.
>
> So here's one of the cron errors I get.
>
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/run_queue", line 46, in ?
>     main()
>   File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/run_queue", line 39, in main
>     lockfile.lock()
>   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/LockFile.py", line 186, in lock
>     os.link(self.__lockfile, self.__tmpfname)
> OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
>
> Does anyone know how to recreate this lockfile?

The file is created each time there's a lock needed.  If the lists are
quiescent, delete everything in ~mailman/locks and see if this persists; if so,
triplecheck the perms on ~mailman/locks.

> -------------------------------------
>
> I ran check_perms -f and it no longer gives errors and I tried to make the
> ownerships analogous to those in /usr/local/imc (the OTHER installation),
> but I'm still getting the following cron errors:
>
> But I'm still getting this message every five minutes:
>
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/gate_news", line 119, in ?
>     main()
>   File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/gate_news", line 58, in main
>     mlist = MailList.MailList(name, lock=0)
>   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 62, in __init__
>     self.Load()
>   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 810, in Load
>     raise Errors.MMBadListError, 'Failed to access config info'
> MMBadListError: Failed to access config info

So this says to me that you have a list whose data file has been moved,
deleted, or corrupted.  What does, say, list_lists show?  What about
bin/check_dbs on all the lists?