[Mailman-Users] Perms Help (AGAIN)

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Thu Feb 22 01:43:43 CET 2001

If you can help with any part of this, please let me know.

I'm going to repeat some concerns from an email of early this
week... Please understand that I'm getting mail from cron every FIVE
MINUTES regarding the second problem and every half hour regarding the
first.

Please help if you can at all.  I've rephrased and restructured my
questions.

I was fixing my archives (which had never worked, but now do... it was an
apache problem in the end, I think) when I munged all these file
permissions.  I have a working install of mailman (compiled slightly
differently) and compared the two and I THINK the file perms between them
are analogous.

In the process of cleaning some stuff, one lock file was deleted.

So here's one of the cron errors I get.

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/run_queue", line 46, in ?
    main()
  File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/run_queue", line 39, in main
    lockfile.lock()
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/LockFile.py", line 186, in lock
    os.link(self.__lockfile, self.__tmpfname)
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Does anyone know how to recreate this lockfile?

-------------------------------------

I ran check_perms -f and it no longer gives errors and I tried to make the
ownerships analogous to those in /usr/local/imc (the OTHER installation),
but I'm still getting the following cron errors:

But I'm still getting this message every five minutes:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/gate_news", line 119, in ?
    main()
  File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/gate_news", line 58, in main
    mlist = MailList.MailList(name, lock=0)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 62, in __init__
    self.Load()
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 810, in Load
    raise Errors.MMBadListError, 'Failed to access config info'
MMBadListError: Failed to access config info

It seems like everything else works, but I don't have any lists that are
gating to a newsgroup.

So why is this one failing, but the lists are still working fine?

Thanks so much for any input.
J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin