[Mailman-Users] Perms Help (AGAIN)

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Fri Feb 23 18:48:29 CET 2001

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, Dan Mick wrote:
> > In the process of cleaning some stuff, one lock file was deleted.
> >
> > So here's one of the cron errors I get.
> >
> > Traceback (innermost last):
> >   File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/run_queue", line 46, in ?
> >     main()
> >   File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/run_queue", line 39, in main
> >     lockfile.lock()
> >   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/LockFile.py", line 186, in lock
> >     os.link(self.__lockfile, self.__tmpfname)
> > OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
> >
> > Does anyone know how to recreate this lockfile?
>
> The file is created each time there's a lock needed.  If the lists are
> quiescent, delete everything in ~mailman/locks and see if this persists; if so,
> triplecheck the perms on ~mailman/locks.

Well, there are no mailman processes running... And I would THINK that the
lockfiles were generated automatically, but apparently not.

The locks dir is drwxrwsr-x mailman:mailman as it should be, yes?

> > But I'm still getting this message every five minutes:
> >
> > Traceback (innermost last):
> >   File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/gate_news", line 119, in ?
> >     main()
> >   File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/gate_news", line 58, in main
> >     mlist = MailList.MailList(name, lock=0)
> >   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 62, in __init__
> >     self.Load()
> >   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 810, in Load
> >     raise Errors.MMBadListError, 'Failed to access config info'
> > MMBadListError: Failed to access config info
>
> So this says to me that you have a list whose data file has been moved,
> deleted, or corrupted.  What does, say, list_lists show?  What about
> bin/check_dbs on all the lists?

I don't have a list_lists command (this is 1.1.  Neither of my
installations has a list_lists), but the active lists show up on the pages
that browse lists (http://host/mailman/listinfo, etc.).

check_db on each list comes out fine.

I've removed one list, I think, in my entire time running mailman and that
was weeks before i made the permissions errors that brought me where I am.

I just ran ~/bin/update (even though I didn't upgrade) and it said "you're
either one brave soul, or you already ran me" on every list... save one.
Hmm... I wonder...

Maybe it's fixed.  I'll watch cron output.
J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin
    jeme at brelin.net