[Mailman-Users] Problem with cookies in 2.0beta6

Thomas Chiverton falken at grenville.co.uk
Fri Sep 29 18:09:11 CEST 2000

I'm new to this, and the FAQ is a little small, so excuse me :-)

I create a new list with bin/newlist and go to the URL it emails me
(... /mailman/admin.cgi/test).
I enter the password, and Netscape warns me it's excepting a cookie, which
I except, and it stores it in ~/.netscape/cookies as normal.
I change somoe settings, press the submit button and it returns me to the
login prompt. If I type the password in again, my changes have vanished.

MailMan 2.0beta6 (installed as mailman:mailman)
Apache 1.3.9 (running as www:http)
Python 1.5.2 ((#1, Feb 18 2000, 00:56:30)  [GCC 2.95.2 19991024 (release)]
on sunos5)

I've installed exactly as per the INSTALL instructions, clean install.

Any clues what might be up ?

--
            Thomas Chiverton, systems admin. and WebMaster
   thomas at grenville.co.uk  or phone 01565 757 909 (mobile 07967672404)
   For in-house IT issues, please mail helpdesk-submit at grenville.co.uk
      GnuPG: E86F DCC6 951A D17F FE6D  6299 21EE 650C 6DB0 B0ED