[Mailman-Users] Multiple domain lists

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at VData.co.uk
Thu Sep 28 12:45:03 CEST 2000

chris at gwydion.net said:
> I have another domain, bar.com, which has an Apache vhost properly
> configured etc, and all that. Exim will handle mail for bar.com.

> How to I make mailman establish the list fubar at bar.com?

For a small number of domains with unique listnames - ie
listname at foo.com & listname at bar.com being the same list is not a real
problem to you, you can just set the domain name in the list config and
things work correctly - including by the way http://www.foo.com/mailman/
listinfo/ only listing the lists that match that domain.  This is
exactly what I do with the exim.org box which has a few other
personalities.

Distinct listnames can be done by one install of mailman per domain
(this might actually be a virtualised install where its mostly
symlinked - there is a partial mention of this in the exim/mailman
howto.

Real management of multiple virtual domains is something for the
future... you also need to remember that there may be multiple near
identical mail domains (I accept mail for www.exim.org as well as
exim.org).

	Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham at VData.co.uk ]