[Mailman-Users] Threading?

Steve Maller steve at maller.com
Tue Sep 5 19:44:16 CEST 2000

I have noticed that with my Redhat 6.2/Sendmail 8.9.3/Mailman 2.0b5
setup that messages are sent out using a single thread.

Is there any way to paralellize this process at all? I noticed the
MAX_DELIVERY_THREADS directive is set to 0 with warning that "if your
Python interpreter was not built for threads, this feature is
disabled."

I realize this is probably a FAQ, but is there a step-by-step gudie
to doing this? And is the warning about "it may in fact degrade
performance, possibly due to Python's global interpreter lock" still
relevant (and true)?

Thanks!
--
Steve Maller
http://www.maller.com

The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshipped anything but himself.
     -- Sir Richard F. Burton