[Mailman-Users] Mailman b5 lockup

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Tue Sep 5 17:22:54 CEST 2000

Thanks!

At 4:39 AM -0400 9/5/00, Ron Jarrell wrote:
>  I also run an MCI_CACHE_SIZE of 30,

intersting. I haven't tried that. I'll have to..

>with a timeout of 35, and have the QUEUE_SORT_ORDER set to host.

I've done a fair amount of work with queuesortorder, and I found it
actually didn't speed anything up. On my larger systems, delivery
took just as long. FWIW, YMMMV. So I stopped using it.

>  (Although I'll
>go in every few days and run a special queue run sorted by time with
>higher timeouts,
>to catch problematic hosts.

I just ran sendmail out of cron once an hour with queuesortorder=time...

>For other interesting timeouts, I lowered the IDENT timeout to 15
>seconds (too many
>PCs were broken w.r.t things hitting their ident ports,

I set IDENT to 0, to turn it off completely. So much is broken, and
many firewalls don't propogate it. It's pretty worthless. Even 15
seconds isn't worth it.

--
Chuq Von Rospach - Plaidworks Consulting (mailto:chuqui at plaidworks.com)
Apple Mail List Gnome (mailto:chuq at apple.com)

And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar
and say 'Man, what are you doing here?'"