[Mailman-Users] Batch list admin functions?

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Thu Nov 30 00:08:48 CET 2000

At 4:55 PM -0600 11/29/00, David Champion wrote:
>I'd like to reject
>them all with the same explanation, and the web interface will want me
>to type/paste it in to all the little boxes, which I don't really want
>to do.

I know this doesn't help your problem, but it's something I noticed
-- mailman attaches the default admin message at the time the message
comes in, not at the time the admin looks at it. It means you
basically can't update those messages, which is not much of a
problem, until you have to.

In general, I think it's a good idea to design stuff so that it
doesn't assign  values until it has to, just in case. this is a great
example why.

>On a tangent: does it not make sense to store queued admin requests in
>separate files, so that they can be handled arbitrarily and without
>instantial Python code?  Something like a
>.../lists/listname/adminq/%05d.txt file containing the message, I'm
>thinking.

I'm not sure separate files are the answer, but cleaner handling of
the admin queue is.

At the worst, you can use python to read the requests.db file and
manually rewrite all fo the messages, then use the admin page to
reject them. That might require reading the mailman code for the
requests.db data structure, but it's doable.

--
Chuq Von Rospach - Plaidworks Consulting (mailto:chuqui at plaidworks.com)
Apple Mail List Gnome (mailto:chuq at apple.com)

The vet said it was behavioral, but I prefer to think of it as genetic.
It cuts down on the liability -- Get Fuzzy