[Mailman-Users] Batch list admin functions?

David Champion dgc at uchicago.edu
Wed Nov 29 23:55:33 CET 2000

I have a list on my server whose admin has neglected her duties for the
past 14 months, and who now longer exists.  The admin queue has some
uncertain, but large, number of messages in it.  I'd like to reject
them all with the same explanation, and the web interface will want me
to type/paste it in to all the little boxes, which I don't really want
to do.

Can someone suggest the correct code to handle this with withlist?  I
don't know enough Python to make it up myself.

Other approaches to the problem are welcome, too.  Thanks.

I'm using Mailman 1.0.  Yes, I know what's current. :)

On a tangent: does it not make sense to store queued admin requests in
separate files, so that they can be handled arbitrarily and without
instantial Python code?  Something like a
.../lists/listname/adminq/%05d.txt file containing the message, I'm
thinking.

--
 -D.	dgc at uchicago.edu	NSIT	University of Chicago