[Mailman-Users] Re: Mailman private archives issue.

Rodrigo Moya rodrigo at linuxave.net
Tue Nov 14 15:05:16 CET 2000

Hi Andrea,

> I am  cross posting this answer to mailman-users
>
> On Fri, Nov 10, 2000 at 11:02:47PM +0000, Vikas Gupta wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I found youur posting on the Mailman-Users archives. YOu describe not being
> > able to see private archives on the web. I am also having the same problem.
> > I was wondering if you had found a solution and could share it with me.
> >

> my problem was due to the way mailman is
> installed in Debian/GNU Linux
>
> I have solved the problem
>
> I corrected in the file /etc/mailman/mm_cfg.py
>
> in this way:
>
> - PRIVATE_ARCHIVE_URL = '/mailman/private'
> + PRIVATE_ARCHIVE_URL = '/cgi-bin/mailman/private'

and what about public archives? I mean, I can't make them work. In my mm_cfg.py
file, I've got:

PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL = '/pipermail'
PRIVATE_ARCHIVE_URL = '/mailman/private'

but /pipermail is not a valid path, I get always this error. I've also tried
changing it to /mailman/public but nothing, they still don't work.

What setting have you got for the PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL thing?

cheers