[Mailman-Users] Problem accessing private archives with 2.0b

Alain ENOUT al00 at eurecom.fr
Thu Jun 22 18:24:33 CEST 2000

Hello Gergely,
On 22-Jun-00 Gergely Madarasz wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, Alain ENOUT wrote:
>> I'm using mailman2.0b2 from a linux debian woody distribution and netscape
>> 4.73.
>> What happens ?

> the default URL for the list is probably set for a different path than the
> one you're accessing it...
> if you're using /mailman/private, try /cgi-bin/mailman/private, and the
> other way round :)

Your answer show me the problem.

The Info page has a link for archives to http://machine/mailman/private/test/
going there is an endless authentification loop. If I modify the url to
http://machine/cgi-bin/mailman/private/test/ everything works.

The DEFAULT_URL is set to http://machine/cgi-bin/mailman, changing it to
http://machine/mailman doesn't change the problem. I tryed to regenerate the
archive and using Shift Reload in netscape, I always get a bad link in the Info
page (http://machine/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/test).

What's my mistake ?

--
Alain ENOUT                     Research Engineer, Mobile Communications Dpt
Alain.Enout at eurecom.fr                           Phone: +33 (0)4 93 00 26 65