[Mailman-Users] Problem accessing private archives with 2.0b2

Gergely Madarasz gorgo at caesar.elte.hu
Thu Jun 22 17:21:45 CEST 2000

On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, Alain ENOUT wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using mailman2.0b2 from a linux debian woody distribution and netscape 4.73.
>
> I have some problems when trying to access private archives.
> I fill the "Private Archive Authentification" dialog :
>  address/Passwd -> submit query
> everything is OK, I get the list of Archives:
> Archive     View by:                                    Downloadable version
> 2000-June:  [ Thread ] [ Subject ] [ Author ] [ Date ]  [ Text 2 KB ]
>
> When I click for example on [Thread], I re-get a dialog "Private Archive
> Authentification", I retype address/password and I re-get the same Archives
> list, not the messages. I can see the cookies, authentification seems correct,
> but no messages ...
>
> What happens ?

the default URL for the list is probably set for a different path than the
one you're accessing it...
if you're using /mailman/private, try /cgi-bin/mailman/private, and the
other way round :)

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo at caesar.elte.hu         gorgo at linux.rulez.org
                    HuLUG: http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/