[Mailman-Users] We hit a bug should be fix permissions

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan at home.com
Thu Jun 22 18:34:16 CEST 2000

Hi All--
Somehow or another, my permissions got hosed, so I got this:
Bug in Mailman version 2.0beta2

We're sorry, we hit a bug!

If you would like to help us identify the problem, please email a copy
of this page to the webmaster for this site with a description of what
happened. Thanks!

Traceback:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/home/mailman/scripts/driver", line 64, in run_main
    immediate=1)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Logging/StampedLogger.py", line 49, in
__init__
    Logger.__init__(self, category, nofail, immediate)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Logging/Logger.py", line 40, in __init__
    self.__get_f()
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Logging/Logger.py", line 55, in __get_f
    f = self.__fp = open(self.__filename, 'a+', 1)
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/home/mailman/logs/error'

It seems like this one ought to be easy to detect in the script, AND to
post the appropriate error, which ought to be something like "The
administrator of this website needs to run check_perms -f to repair this
problem."

<picky-picky-picky>-ly y'rs,
Ivan
Ivan Van Laningham
Axent Technologies, Inc.
http://www.pauahtun.org
Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70
Author:  Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours