[Mailman-Users] Need some help with Mailman and Sendmail

Rick Niess rniess at bark.cc.usm.edu
Tue Jul 25 19:43:11 CEST 2000

On Tue, 25 Jul 2000, Matt Starnes wrote:
> Here is my aliases:
> test: "|/etc/smrsh/wrapper post test"
> test-admin: "|/etc/smrsh/wrapper mailowner test"
> test-request: "|/etc/smrsh/wrapper mailcmd test"
> test-owner:  test-admin
<snip>
> I have linked /etc/smrsh/wrapper /home/mailman/mail/wrapper

    Hmm.  You definitely need a symbolic link to the wrapper in
/etc/smrsh, but you don't want to point your aliases at that synlink.
Instead, point the aliases directly to where the *real* wrapper is
located.  Like this:

---BEGIN aliases.txt---
test: "|/home/of/mailman/wrapper post test"
test-admin: "|/home/of/mailman/wrapper mailowner test"
test-request: "|/home/of/mailman/wrapper mailcmd test"
test-owner:  test-admin
---END---

    Try that and see what happens.

						~ Rick ~
--
.oooO "Man with closed Oooo.    Rick C. Niess
(   )   mouth gathers  (   )    University of Southern Miss.
 \ (      no foot!"     ) /     resnet at usm.edu