[Mailman-Users] Need some help with Mailman and Sendmail

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Tue Jul 25 19:50:49 CEST 2000

Quoting Rick Niess (rniess at bark.cc.usm.edu):
> On Tue, 25 Jul 2000, Matt Starnes wrote:
> > Here is my aliases:
> > test: "|/etc/smrsh/wrapper post test"
> > test-admin: "|/etc/smrsh/wrapper mailowner test"
> > test-request: "|/etc/smrsh/wrapper mailcmd test"
> > test-owner:  test-admin
> <snip>
> > I have linked /etc/smrsh/wrapper /home/mailman/mail/wrapper
>
>     Hmm.  You definitely need a symbolic link to the wrapper in
> /etc/smrsh, but you don't want to point your aliases at that synlink.
> Instead, point the aliases directly to where the *real* wrapper is
> located.  Like this:
>
> ---BEGIN aliases.txt---
> test: "|/home/of/mailman/wrapper post test"
> test-admin: "|/home/of/mailman/wrapper mailowner test"
> test-request: "|/home/of/mailman/wrapper mailcmd test"
> test-owner:  test-admin
> ---END---
>
>     Try that and see what happens.

Both ways work, at least they did when I had majordomo and mailman up
simultaneously and I needed to disambiguate the two wrapper programs.  I
had two symlinks in /etc/smrh, one called majordomo_wrapper and the otehr
called mailman_wrapper, and I referenced the links in /etc/smrsh from
/etc/aliases.

--
Paul Tomblin <ptomblin at xcski.com>, not speaking for anybody
There are three kinds of people: Those who can count & those who can't.