[Mailman-Users] Need some help with Mailman and Sendmail

Matt Starnes matt at mail.ltlb.com
Tue Jul 25 18:35:16 CEST 2000

I had Mailman working, then went and updated to RH 6.1 which added the
secure sendmail which I didn't know it would do.  This immediately broke
Mailman.  After number recompiles, I gave up and reinstalled RH 6.1 from
scratch.  I have followed all the instructions in INSTALL.

Here is my aliases:

test: "|/etc/smrsh/wrapper post test"
test-admin: "|/etc/smrsh/wrapper mailowner test"
test-request: "|/etc/smrsh/wrapper mailcmd test"
test-owner:  test-admin

mailman:  my email address
mailman-owner:  mailman

I have linked /etc/smrsh/wrapper /home/mailman/mail/wrapper

Here is the error I am getting:

The original message was received at Tue, 25 Jul 2000 11:28:16 -0500
from localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1]

<test-request at unix.ltlb.com>

553 unix.ltlb.com. config error: mail loops back to me (MX problem?)
554 <test-request at unix.ltlb.com>... Local configuration error

I didn't get any ./configure error nor any during make install.  The
first time I ran check-perms it found 0 errors.  I did the make install
as mailman with the source tar ball in a /home/mailman/test directory.

If more info is needed let me know.  I've been beating my head against
this for a week now.

Thanks,

Matt