[Mailman-Users] b3 password reminder wierdness?

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Wed Jul 5 06:50:37 CEST 2000

>I've just had another mailman reminder turn up from a list server who
>appear to have converted in the last month...
>
>The "From:" line was correct, containing "mailman-owner@"
>
>The SMTP envelope contained "mm-test-admin@"
>
>Surely this should be "mailman-owner" too?

Just had a chance to look at this...

this header is correct.

From: mailman-owner at newboy.plaidworks.com

These headers are arguably incorrect, because they refer to a list,
not the server. Since we aren't sending this out from a list,
attaching them to a list is incorrect. Or, it *might* be correct if
the user is subscribed to a single list, but it's really not what
ought to happen in the general case.