[Mailman-Users] b3 password reminder wierdness?

Matthew Frost matthewf at orac.frost.net
Wed Jul 5 08:38:37 CEST 2000

On Tue, Jul 04, 2000 at 09:50:37PM -0700, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
> Instead, I recommend:

> Sender: mailman-owner at newboy.plaidworks.com
>
> On the other hand, this probably breaks bounce processing (although
> I'm not sure if this message is properly handled by bounce
> processing, anyway. But this monthly reminder can be a key way ot
> cleaning up mail lists without VERP if it's used properly...)

Ah yes.

mailman-owner is usually a human and so this probably would break
bounce processing because any bounced mail would be sent there
instead.  Should there be some generic mailman address that is used
for this type of password mailout that can be set up to handle bounces?

Regards, Matthew

--
Matthew Frost                                         http://www.frost.org/
                                                   email: matthew at frost.org