[Mailman-Users] b3 password reminder wierdness?

Matthew Frost matthewf at orac.frost.net
Sat Jul 1 16:32:43 CEST 2000

On Sat, Jul 01, 2000 at 07:24:22AM -0700, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
> This has been mulled over, with no good answer. There is no "right"
> answer, either in terms of standards or common usage. The password
> reminder isn't a list message, but instead a server message, so I
> think using a List-ID for a list is questionable (my suggestion is a
> List-ID identifying the server...), but other than that, I think the
> headers are correct, and the List-ID stuff is open to all sorts of
> interpretations.

Hmmmm,

I've just had another mailman reminder turn up from a list server who
appear to have converted in the last month...

The "From:" line was correct, containing "mailman-owner@"

The SMTP envelope contained "mm-test-admin@"

Surely this should be "mailman-owner" too?

Regards, Matthew

--
Matthew Frost                                         http://www.frost.org/
                                                   email: matthew at frost.org