[Mailman-Users] Add new list through web

Gerrit Holl gerrit.holl at pobox.com
Sun Feb 6 22:07:37 CET 2000

Doug Hughes wrote on 949844862:
> On Sun, 6 Feb 2000, Gerrit Holl wrote:
>
> > gzbigegg wrote on 949881941:
> > > Hi all,
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm new to this list, I'm going to try to persuade my system
> > administrator, but Rik van Riel doesn't seem to understand why
> > he should change Majordomo mailinglists to Mailman mailinglists :(
> >

> Oy! Has this person actually LOOKED at mailman? It's vastly
> superior to majordomo in nearly every respect. We have both.
> Well, actually, we're transitioning all of the old majordomo
> lists to mailman. The list owner's, for one, are ecstatic about
> the functionality they can access easily through the web.

He hasn't really had a look at it, he thinks it's too much work (how
well does the convert script work? Any experiences?).

Although Mailman is certainly better, the majority (any stats?) of the
mailinglists are running Majordomo. Why is this? If this has been
asked before, please redirect me to the URL (any flames?).

Or should I ask on the Majordomo list? <g>

regards,
Gerrit.