[Mailman-Users] Issues installing Mailman

Debian user jaym at opensourcedirectory.com
Wed Dec 13 18:51:42 CET 2000

I have been trying to get the silly thing up and running for quite a while
now...
and I was wondering if someone could help me out.

This is the message that I get when I do the make install

mv: when moving multiple files, last argument must be a directory
/usr/bin/ginstall: *.html: No such file or directory
mv: when moving multiple files, last argument must be a directory
/usr/bin/ginstall: *.txt: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [install] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/mailman/templates'
make: *** [install] Error 2

end of error... thats what I get ...

I tried to install Mailman on Slackware 7.1 and on Debian 2.2 and I get the
same
Error message on both platforms ... and with different versions of Mailman...
I would really appreciate the help thanks again ...

Jason McGillivray   - OSD SysAdmin/Programmer

Thanks...