[Mailman-Users] How to discard spam without review

Carl Appellof cappello at legato.com
Wed Dec 13 18:31:27 CET 2000

> Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
> >
> > At 4:41 PM -0800 12/12/00, Carl Appellof wrote:
> >
> > >Surely there must be an automated way of discarding these
> messages without
> > >waking me up?
> >
> > not really, no. it's on the table for an upcoming release.

and Juan Carlos Rey Anaya replies:

> And I will be glad to implement it :-)
> War to spammers!

Well, in my case, it isn't spammers creating the "spam".  We have a general
email alias for engineering that receives lots of interesting mail we want
to archive, but it also receives nightly "build succeeded" or "build failed"
messages that aren't worthy of archiving.  Sure, we could invent a new alias
for those messages, but that involves the IT department, which we all like
to avoid if possible.

	Carl