[Mailman-Users] Deleting from archive & mbox files

Jim Tittsler jwt at OnJapan.net
Mon Aug 14 00:35:40 CEST 2000

On Sun, Aug 13, 2000 at 09:28:19PM +0000, Robin Gilks wrote:
> Just started a couple of lists and I'd like to clear some of
> the test garbage out of the web archives. Is there a simple
> way of doing this that keeps all the indexes intact? This info

No, but you can edit the list.mbox file and then run bin/arch
to rebuild the archives and indexes.

> Second question is about housekeeping - the mbox files. How
> long do they last, how big do they get and if periodically

They normally last forever.  New messages are appended as they
arrive (if you have archiving enabled).

73

--
Jim Tittsler, Tokyo