[Mailman-Users] Deleting from archive & mbox files

Robin Gilks g8ecj at abmdata.demon.co.uk
Sun Aug 13 23:28:19 CEST 2000

Greetings all

Just started a couple of lists and I'd like to clear some of the test garbage
out of the web archives. Is there a simple way of doing this that keeps all the
indexes intact? This info will also be useful for getting rid of spam from the
archives as well.

Second question is about housekeeping - the mbox files. How long do they last,
how big do they get and if periodically deleted are they renamed during the
overlap period of the last couple of mails going in and starting a fresh file
(I may have a use for the raw Unix format files for someone to download - I
wouldn't be able to use them if there is a chance of loosing a chunk if the
file is rebuilt between downloads)

Cheers

--

Robin.

Internet: g8ecj at abmdata.demon.co.uk     http://www.gb7ipd.freeserve.co.uk/
Anorak mode: (+44) 1628 533311                Fax:  (+44) 1628 850165
Club pages (g4xyw modem etc) at http://www.tvipug.freeserve.co.uk