[Mailman-Users] Bug in b7?

Jason Wellman nimh at morticia.ml.org
Wed Jan 13 04:15:47 CET 1999

>So just to be clear, you have "posts approved by admin" set to no,
>"restrict postings" to yes, and the person sending to the list is a
>member.

Correct.

>I think this harks back to Harald's message, and I must admit that it
>is confusing how the three "General posting filter" options interact.
>I'm not sure *I* even understand (hey, Ken, Scott & John, feel free to
>pipe in :-).
>
>My understanding is if you've got "approved by admin" set to yes, then
>no matter what the setting of "restrict" and the sender's list
>membership, all postings require the approval.  However, if the sender
>is explicitly enumerated in the third option, no approval is
>necessary.

Right.  I got all that (I think). :)

"approved by admin" is set to no
the "posting only by subscribed" is set to yes
and I have no one in the "allow posts from these adresses regardless"
section

>    JW> 2) When I hit the listinfo page <whatever>/mailman/listinfo
>    JW> the publicly displayable lists (marked as so in the privacy
>    JW> options) do not show up.
>
>I've never seen that happen.  So none of your lists are showing up on
>the general page?  Are you seeing any errors in the logs/error file?
>If not, we'll have to get our hands dirty!

No related errors in the log files.  Just two from back when I ran b6.  This
isn't as big a deal, but I would like it to work. :)

-- Jason