[Mailman-i18n] I wanna join in Brazilian Portuguese Translation Team.

Barry A. Warsaw barry@python.org
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 14:33:13 -0400

    GMdS> Yes, the currently cvs translation is for pt_BR language,
    GMdS> but I suggest that it should be set as pt_BR to leave pt_PT
    GMdS> free for future inclusion (not for me, but for another
    GMdS> person). Really the pt_PT language has some different words
    GMdS> than pt_BR language that confuses the user :-)

Cool.  It looks simple to change.  I just need to move the directories
to pt_BR and twiddle the add_language() call in Defaults.py.in.  I'll
go ahead and commit those changes now.

    GMdS> The translation is identical, but these are completely
    GMdS> independent translations. For now (until appear a pt_PT
    GMdS> translation made from someone), we could link pt_PT to pt_BR
    GMdS> to add locale support for both languages (if possible).

I think I'll wait until we get some pt_PT contributions.  Let's also
keep the two completely separate for now and reserve just `pt' for
some shared fallback mother tongue.

Thanks,
-Barry