[Mailman-i18n] I wanna join in Brazilian Portuguese Translation Team.

Gleydson Mazioli da Silva gleydson.mazioli@ima.sp.gov.br
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 08:44:29 -0300

barry@python.org (Barry A. Warsaw) em Fri, 26 Jul 2002 10:12:31 -0400 escreveu:

> You might be right, I'll let the translation team decide.  I need to
> figure out if we can support pt_PT vs. pt_BR.

Normally, the portuguese Brazilian language is set to "pt" if it's added before
the original pt_PT langauge (it's mother language). As portuguese Debian translator,
I suggest to add Brazilian Portuguese as pt_BR for future inclusion of pt_PT
language, if possible :-)

That approach could open ways to add more support for variants of mother language
(documented in ISO 3166 or new, if I'm not wrong)

Thanks!

Gleydson Mazioli da Silva
gleydson@ima.sp.gov.br
Consultor de Servidores GNU/Linux
IMA - Informática de Municipios Associados
Av. Anchieta 200 - Campinas - SP
(19) 3232-9611 - R. 216