[Mailman-i18n] Catalan Translation

Barry A. Warsaw barry at python.org
Sun Dec 22 21:13:47 EST 2002

    >> Cool, let me know when you have things ready.  Remember too
    >> that MM2.1 final is still on track for release before the end
    >> of the year.

    JM> Hmm. Does that mean we have nine days to complete the
    JM> translation for the 2.1 release? Ok, let's say the Catalan
    JM> support will be a bit "limited" :) Seriously, we won't have
    JM> something working on time, no matter how hard we try. I guess
    JM> it can go in in 2.1 minor releases, right?

Absolutely.  I have every confidence there will be micro (patch)
releases, even if that's just to update language support.  And I also
envision two distros: one English only + language downloads and one
sumo package with everything in it.  The former may wait for demand
though.

Since Catalan is probably a long way off, I'd say don't rush.  This is
opposed to Polish, which I understand is well on its way and which I'd
like to include in 2.1 even if incomplete.  A language support does
not have to be complete in order to be included.  I leave it to the
individual language teams to make that determination.

-Barry